A&H

Dortmund v Sevilla

Ryanj91

Has anyone seen this?!

Halaand scores. VAR check on goal.
I don't see anything wrong with it?

VAR tells the Ref to pull back play to a previous attack from Dortmund which should have been a penalty. (FYI the ball hadn't gone out of play between the two incidents)

But.. Halaand has just scored a goal, so why have they cancelled out the advantage of the goal?

Really don't get it...

The Referee Store
The argument is that he fouls the defender in making space for the shot that goes in, which is why the goal has to be disallowed.

I agree that even with my low bar for barging/charging, I don't see anything wrong with that! But if we've accepted that's a foul, the rest of the VAR procedure worked flawlessly.

The argument is that he fouls the defender in making space for the shot that goes in, which is why the goal has to be disallowed.

I agree that even with my low bar for barging/charging, I don't see anything wrong with that! But if we've accepted that's a foul, the rest of the VAR procedure worked flawlessly.

7 mins from start to end is unpalatable....but it was a freak situation with 3 separate decisions made, so i suppose in reality it didnt take that long!

i'm not sure i'd have been giving the initial foul by haaland to dissallow the goal mind but hey ho

Blimey.
I've just seen the highlights! I hope it was explained. Imagine if fans were there for 7 mins not knowing what was going on.

I'd hardly call that a foul. Player was half falling anyways!

I too struggled with working out the issue on the first goal.. I watched without sound.
If you deem that a foul though, correct to come back to the foul they were (I guess) already checking which is probably a foul, but regularly see these types ignored as not C&O error and not affecting play, ie Haaland was never getting to that cross. Keeper claimed and would have still claimed comfortably either way

I think that VAR intervention was not needed. The foul by Haaland which VAR adviced was not clear and obvious for me. It was never VAR stuff. I think allowing the goal was the best decision there.

Back