A&H

DOGSO law change?

The Referee Store
law 18 commonsense

law 19 anything suggested by blatter or platini is usually b@llocks

Or maybe the players should just not commit stupid fouls? Would save themselves and their team a lot of this 'hassle'!

I kinda find that stupid if i'm honest. If the player hadn't of done a stupid tackle/foul then he wouldn't get sent off and award the opposite team a penalty. Personally wouldn't believe in only giving a penalty and no card or even a yellow..

I kinda find that stupid if i'm honest. If the player hadn't of done a stupid tackle/foul then he wouldn't get sent off and award the opposite team a penalty. Personally wouldn't believe in only giving a penalty and no card or even a yellow..

I agree - just giving a penalty by itself means the defender wins. The attacking team then have to convert the penalty and if they miss the defending team get away with a cynical foul at no cost whatsoever.

to be fair, owen, there would be a yellow card

True, but not really much of a 'penalty' to the infringing team - a yellow would not really change the course of the game whereas a red, arguably a fairer punishment, would.

I find it a bit better as when I did my sending off for same thing I felt sorry for the player so I do think the yellow would service

You know what they say, if it ain't broke......

Back