A&H

Do you go back to the club/pub/bar after games?

Ross

Forum VAR
Staff member
Level 6 Referee
FA Referee
Simple question really. Do you go back for a drink and some grub? Ive worked with so many referees that won't even consider it. Even if I've sent people off I'll go back.

Your thoughts on this please

The Referee Store
I agree, sometimes yes and sometimes no.
It can be a good way to build rapport with players/management etc but sometimes it's best to get the hell outta there lol

Tend not to if I'm on my own. If I'm there with other referees then I'm more likely to.

i find you get to know which teams to go back to there "hospitality" suite and which ones to simply go home and ponder on all the comments on how bad a referee you are, and how you can use the players feedback throughout the game to make yourself a better referee for next time.;)

In the league where I referee you have to accept the clubs hospitality, if not you have to report why on the back of the match report. Sometimes you have a good chat other times you are as welcome as a f**t in a space suit!

if i'm with a team of 3 then i feel so much more comfortable then on my own.

Having said that, one of my pet peeves is away teams not supporting other clubs and leaving before using/supporting their facilities

Always used to go back at Rugby town though slim ;)

i will always go back if im in a team of three but very rarley on my own unless i know the management or players of the team...can be very lonley on your own when no one speaks to you

On the whole I always go back. The only exception is if by going in I risk further problems if the game has been eventful, however even then I tend to go in to show face.

The only other exception is one supply league side where the club is very small and if there was a problem you wouldnt be able to escape easily. So I always need to shoot off there.

i always go back when i can i think it shows i wont every be intimidated i had a match a few weeks ago which was very eventful to say the least i sent two off and gave 6 yellows. when i went in the management said fair play to me lol (i think i got most decisions right so wasnt too worried).

never im a complete ******* so not normally welcome ( bothered ) pmsl

well i dont mix with footballers you can never be acused of being swayed nevermind sometimes meet up with other local refs if in area we are quite close down here

if im doing a welsh league game when you are part of a team more often than not we stay together or find local pub

Back