A&H

Derby v Nottingham Forest

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
Anyone watching?

Would you be giving a penalty against Nottingham Forest in the 22nd minute (missed first half hour because of work, but saw it at half time) for handball?

I know the law says about arm between you and ground when sliding its not a penalty, or if its close but not unnatural its not either, but for me the player has done a sliding block, the ball is going above him and he slightly moves his arm up and blocks it from going goal bound.

Personally if I've spotted it (I'm on my own on the pitch) I'm giving it, and as this match has assistants he should be seeing this clearly.

I'll try and find if someone managed to get a clip of it.

The Referee Store
If ITOOTR he moves to block the ball, that's simply deliberate and none of the new considerations come into play. Would love to see a clip.

And now derby equalise where the defender tried to clear the ball, hits Colin Kazim-Richards on the body, then his arm (wrist area), and volleys it into goal.
Goal given.
Referee clearly missed it or, if he hasn't, forgotten the law saying you can't score where it has been played against your arm/hand.

Anyone watching?

Would you be giving a penalty against Nottingham Forest in the 22nd minute (missed first half hour because of work, but saw it at half time) for handball?

I know the law says about arm between you and ground when sliding its not a penalty, or if its close but not unnatural its not either, but for me the player has done a sliding block, the ball is going above him and he slightly moves his arm up and blocks it from going goal bound.

Personally if I've spotted it (I'm on my own on the pitch) I'm giving it, and as this match has assistants he should be seeing this clearly.

I'll try and find if someone managed to get a clip of it.
It was a slide to block where the arm was at the side of the body in an unnatural position, imo, was sort of at a triangle at the side of the body. Not the way you'd normally see someone slide with their arm in that position.

And now derby equalise where the defender tried to clear the ball, hits Colin Kazim-Richards on the body, then his arm (wrist area), and volleys it into goal.
Goal given.
Referee clearly missed it or, if he hasn't, forgotten the law saying you can't score where it has been played against your arm/hand.
Evened itself out imo (Rams fan here 😉)

Penalty for me, sliding motion yes but his arm is in a position it doesn’t need to be in, he knows what he’s doing.

also, the derby goal shouldn’t have counted although it may have been a difficult spot

Forest fan here.

Thought it should have been a penalty based on the angle of Riberos arm.

For the equaliser, in law it should have been disallowed but the distance between defender and attacker was so small when it happened I don't see any way that a referee could see that in real time and I didn't think Ollie Langfords positioning was too bad. Far side of the field for the active AR and no way he could get involved and for the non active AR Richards body is blocking the handball.

Thought in general the officials did well last night. This is often a really feisty fixture and Ollie Langford controlled it well and didn't let it bubble over.

The equalizer should have been disallowed for HB. FACT! whether we like it or not...

You're both correct. I'm a Forest fan and thought we should've won it, but there were decisions either way which could've turned out differently. The handball would've been harsh for the equaliser.

Back