A&H

Demotion

Roland rat

Level 5 Referee
hi

If you get demoted from 4 to 5 can you apply for promotion straight away?

Obviously bandings are out after the promotion season has started but if you were to apply now surely it's ok

The Referee Store
It depends "who you know"!
I dropped back down to 5 after failing the fitness tests in the summer of 2012 but wasn't allowed to go re-apply until the following March so I had 2 seasons at 5 before I got my 4 back. The same happened to one of my colleagues in 2013 after he'd finished E/E on bandings. He got his 4 back 2 seasons later too.
I did find out about one referee who didn't have to wait the 2 seasons and got back on the promotion trail immediately.
If you're level 5 now why are you worried about it?

As far as I am aware, you have to spend a full season at 5 before you could reapply for promotion again.

Say you are informed in May 2017 that you are no longer a level 4. You could apply for promotion for the March 2018/19 season, then again be a level 4 for the 2019/20 season.

CA is correct, you have to spend a full season at level 5 before going back for promotion to level 4, so you essentially spend at least two years away from L4.

I repeat; it depends who you know. I know for a fact of one who dropped to 5 and was only there one season. CA and RustyRef are correct on how it is supposed to be.

Back