A&H

CRB check now pending..... early

mikedn

Referee/Mentor
My CRB clearance has almost runs its course and expires December 31st 2017. Received an email from my F.A. stating that ALL checks that were made in 2014 thus expiring this year must be renewed by June 1st 2017 or referees will not be eligible for games. Even though mime doesn't expire till December i've got till June 1st.... Did get this clarified, and it is the F.A. directive....... So logged, filled it in,got docs verified,made payment...... and waiting.......

The Referee Store
I think your CFA are right on this to be honest.

Referee registrations run from football season to football season. If they accept your registration, they're accepting that you're covered until the very end of the 2017/18 season, which isn't the case. So annoying as it is, they cannot sign you up based on a CRB that ends any time before the very end of the upcoming season.

I can count one hand the number of U18 matches I've done in the last season, and I doubt I'll do more than that in the upcoming season. But I still had to take the time out to get my CRB sorted - and I'm glad I did, as it gives me the option to do any matches that come my way.

I did my course in October and it was included in the fee. The club who put me through the course payed £10 less on the fee but did it themselves. I think as a ref it is good to have as it means you can then do all games as GreameS says. I think my club put me through as an voulenteer which I think for organisations means the fee is less than the fee you would normally pay. It just seemed odd that the club didn't want to pay £140 but payed £130 espeicially as I paid them back in games so it didn't cost them anything.

Yeh I havent had one last season and had to pass up some games midweek so thought will get it done this year then at least I have it. I have still registered as I have no intention to proactively referee youth football and will only do it when it suits me and no until I have a CRC

Back