A&H

County Cup finals!

I know people from my county are getting a free nike kit for the match which they get to keep

The Referee Store
I've got a cup semi-final as AR this morning so I'm half way there but not expecting anything else now tbh, I'm happy being on a semi-final :)

What sort of things do you need to do to get noticed for a County Cup Final? I'm hoping for one next year.

In our county, it's about club marks from our leagues (or at least that's what they told us!). Near the end of the season, the leagues put forward recommendations for cup finals based on these marks - they said that all referees for cup finals this year averaged over 90 over the course of the season.

Assistant referee on a combined worcestershire and Herefordshire women's cup final I'm 27th of April. Happy with that! Anyone get gifts from their county f.a for the finals?

I believe that we get medals presented after the match...

I know people from my county are getting a free nike kit for the match which they get to keep

Nike kit?!?! Can I come to your county please? :p

I know you get them after matches but I meant at the seminar as for example, in worcestershire we were given commerative cup final coins and nike socks. Plus they gave me a worcestershire FA tie for the day.
A whole nike kit is mad though!

Oh right I got it now - nope, we weren't given anything (hence my confusion)! Just some advice and a pat on the back :)

Make sure you close as few dates as possible. Never say no if asked to do a game by your County FA. Stay injury free so you can perform at optimum level for longer periods. Be fit. Look the part. make sure you are spot on with your admin.

Assistant referee on a combined worcestershire and Herefordshire women's cup final I'm 27th of April. Happy with that! Anyone get gifts from their county f.a for the finals?
County Tie. Very welcome and will be a treasured possession. And no there's no sarcasm there at all. Our County has very high standards and when I earn my tie, i will wear it with pride

Just got an email through, I've been appointed to U13 semi-final, on the line! Really happy with it, I'm really surprised by it and really pleased! I've not long been with this County, which makes me more surprised!

Got my email (can't afford paper up here ;) ) today. In the middle of u16 minor cup... Not sure how I got it like but not gonna complain haha.
Was part of the only team in my clubs history to win it 3 years ago so should be a proud day for me. Got my senior referees appointment secretary as AR too so that should be interesting

@Brian Hamilton, how hard is it to get a county tie with WR?? Got one for my home county but with being at uni in Leeds wouldn't mind adding a west riding tie in the next two seasons
15 seasons I waited for mine. Others have one in their 3rd season. There has been a change of approach over the last 3 years in that younger referees are getting awarded honours appointments at the end of the season. 48 named at the County Cup Final seminar on Thursday night out of 1,265 referees.

Anyone else found out what they have? My seminar is tomorrow but can't make it as I'm out of county....having to rely on a mate to text me what I have! Gutted to miss it though, will be my third in as many years and have always found the seminar to be such an enjoyable occasion, especially now that we don't know what we've got beforehand!!

Back