A&H

Chelsea Game - Player prevents card been shown

KB

I'll take a tough game over an easy game any day!!
Level 4 Referee
So watching the incident in the 69th minute of the chelsea game, player tries to stop Atlinson showing a red card. He tries and grabs the red card to which Atkinson says about three times "get off". If this happens in your game what are you doing to te player preventing the card beig shown? By the way Atlinson cautioned the player that tried preventing the card

The Referee Store
I'm amazed by the number of pundits and fans that are saying Matic shouldn't have been red carded because he had 'every right' to react in that way.

Yes, it was a really bad challenge by Barnes which probably should've seen red, but that doesn't mean you can run 15 yards and shove a player to the ground.

I honestly cannot believe that Collymore, Neville et al are calling for the red to be overturned! :confused:

Reactions: KB
He deserved his red for the push. That said, it was a horrible challenge on him which also deserved a straight red.

The ref missed it sadly.

Essentially the same discussion so have meted threads.

Did he 'miss' it or did he see it and take to action

I.e. is there any retrospective action that can be taken on barnes?

Chelsea....Burnley........do I really care ;)

Barnes was a dirty git all game but the reactions from Matic and Ivanovic were a disgrace, rolling around screaming for a couple of seconds then making a miraculous recovery and getting up and running after Barnes. Premier league football players ALL spend 90 minutes every weekend trying to con officials so in my opinion the cannot complain when the officials miss one or get one wrong !

Watching the Barnes/Matic incident, I'm more and more convinced that there wasn't actually a foul. It appear to me that Barnes was playing the ball and Matic came through, blocked the ball, and ended up getting Barnes' studs in his leg as Barnes' momentum continued to carry forward.

Watching the Barnes/Matic incident, I'm more and more convinced that there wasn't actually a foul. It appear to me that Barnes was playing the ball and Matic came through, blocked the ball, and ended up getting Barnes' studs in his leg as Barnes' momentum continued to carry forward.

1621782_1384576261811822_565521492_n.jpg

If this happens in your game what are you doing to te player preventing the card beig shown? By the way Atlinson cautioned the player that tried preventing the card

Caution and the absolute sternest possible of words, with the captain present, along the lines of 'Don't you dare give me a reason to give you another, because you've really pi**ed me off now,' although most probably more politely than that! If that player even dared to argue with me on a further decision I'd have him for another caution without even blinking.

I'm glad somebody else noticed that, was beginning to think it was just me.

I'd be giving yellow and a serious, serious bolocking.

Would be great to find a reason for red though. I've told players sternly before not to touch me if they're arguing for some reason, but anything like that and I'm looking for reasons to dish a cherry.

Are you being serious ? No you can't be !

Why do some people find it so hard to respect other people and their opinions on here, regardless of how off the wall they may find them

Why do some people find it so hard to respect other people and their opinions on here, regardless of how off the wall they may find them
How off the wall they find the people or their opinions?! :)

And anyway, hard to respect opinions when not accompanied by basic punctuation like a question mark ;):)

But on a serious note .. I actually agree with you :)

Nothing bad has been done. Just got to lighten up and not be so serious. It's just a game at the end of the day and a hobby for us.

Bang goes my pre kick off handshakes

Ew you "touch" the players!? I'm the referee, I'm way above lowering myself to touching such idiots. Next thing you'll be telling me you actually let players talk to you. If they even approach me I just whip out a yellow card and stride away laughing loudly.

I have seen the Barnes foul for the first time today, it is a rather strange one for me. Barnes has the ball, over runs slightly, matic comes in, nicks it off him as Barnes is about to play the ball. The slow mo and the still pictures make it look far worse than what it is at full speed. There is clear there is no malaise in the tackle, and it was, for me accidental (Yes i too hate when players say, i didn't mean to do it and this makes no difference). I find it a strange one as it is both careless and dangerous at the same time. Leg breaker, [posisbly... but there is a reason it didn't injure matic, and that is because there wasn't excessive force. Could it be a red card... yes... could it be a yellow... yes. Will there be retrospective... I don't think there will be.... (Now to be proved wrong)
Just my thoughts.

I have seen the Barnes foul for the first time today, it is a rather strange one for me. Barnes has the ball, over runs slightly, matic comes in, nicks it off him as Barnes is about to play the ball. The slow mo and the still pictures make it look far worse than what it is at full speed. There is clear there is no malaise in the tackle, and it was, for me accidental (Yes i too hate when players say, i didn't mean to do it and this makes no difference). I find it a strange one as it is both careless and dangerous at the same time. Leg breaker, [posisbly... but there is a reason it didn't injure matic, and that is because there wasn't excessive force. Could it be a red card... yes... could it be a yellow... yes. Will there be retrospective... I don't think there will be.... (Now to be proved wrong)
Just my thoughts.

I will respectfully say that's not how I saw it all, plenty of malice for me. No need tl leave his foot there, in my opinion, red all day long.

Any player that uses enough force to physically stop me from raising a card is leaving the match.
Any ref issueing a YC is letting other refs down.
Barnes kept his leg nice and straight on impact when he could have pulled out. 100% malicious and should recieve retrospective action.
Chelsea players, as always, behaved disgustingly. Chelsea have done better from referee indecision than most teams this season.
Mourinho tiresome comments after matches are bcoming very boring. The FA should just set up a standing order from his account for £5k every week.

Back