A&H

Can the referee show a yellow or red card to a player in the dressing room?

That has confused me even more. So between inspection and entering the field just before kick-off, we cannot show cautions and dismissals, but can prevent a player taking part? Although this is not the case if by disciplinary action they mean cautions/dismissals.
right except for dismissal. You CAN send off a player between filed inspection and kick off (but can't caution). This is from the 16-17 explanation, second paragraph. While you may look at it as confusing, the email from DE to PG implies it is "deliberately flexible". Although that email has more to do to what happens after the match.

The Referee Store
Once you enter the fop for the inspection you can take disciplinary action but this is different depending on whether the game has started or not. You don’t caution players before the game but can sort of dismiss them. What would be a caution after the start of the game would be reported as misconduct before the start. These don’t count as cautions in the game and the yellow card isn’t shown.
“Preventing a player taking part” is essentially a sending off before the start of the game. It’s still disciplinary action against the player but differs in that he can be replaced by a named sub. The team loses a substitute but still starts with 11 players on the pitch. If the competition rules state 3 from 5 subs they now have 2 from 4. If 5 rolling subs then it’s now 4 rolling subs. None of these can be the excluded player.
You should tell the team manager the player is being excluded but that they start with 11 players otherwise the game would probably have to be replayed due to incorrect application of law.

Ehhhm are you sure? Me thinks now have 3 from 4.
That’s what our training officer said although that might have been misinterpreted, either by him or by me - it was a long time ago! In this country it’s probably not an issue now anyway because below step 5 (senior football) it’s always rolling subs so would be 4 not 5.

Screenshot_20191201-130011__01.jpg
Last bit in second dot point.

It was also one of my quiz questions for a player sent off after kick off signal but before actual kick off.

So, when it says "cannot be replaced", that player must play the 90 minutes?
I assume you mean the first instance of "cannot be replaced" as the second one is very obvious what it means.

The first instance means once the substitute has replaced the sent of player, you can not now replace the his (previously substitute) place on the bench (which has become vacant) by bringing another person in as a new substitute,

I assume you mean the first instance of "cannot be replaced" as the second one is very obvious what it means.

The first instance means once the substitute has replaced the sent of player, you can not now replace the his (previously substitute) place on the bench (which has become vacant) by bringing another person in as a new substitute,
Ah, yes that makes sense, reduces the amount of substitutes named then, rather than players on the field.

Who takes their cards out with them for the pre match inspection?

(yes I know some games are just in parks, so will have on those.)

Who takes their cards out with them for the pre match inspection?

(yes I know some games are just in parks, so will have on those.)
Not for a suited inspection, but I do usually make sure I've got them on me by the time we're changed and warming up. Have definitely had odd loks from colleagues who have noticed me making a special effort to grab them!

Not for a suited inspection, but I do usually make sure I've got them on me by the time we're changed and warming up. Have definitely had odd loks from colleagues who have noticed me making a special effort to grab them!
Never thought to do it. In 7 years haven't had anything close to misconduct occur before a gameso has never been a thought to. Only time would be when doing junior games in my starter days I would turn up in kit ready to go.

Never thought to do it. In 7 years haven't had anything close to misconduct occur before a gameso has never been a thought to. Only time would be when doing junior games in my starter days I would turn up in kit ready to go.
Oh I've never actually had cause to use them, but that's probably down in part to the fact I ref infrequently enough in many different leagues that I almost never get reassigned to teams that might be unhappy to see me. I did nearly have two managers come to blows once over who's responsibility it was to have a change kit ready, but that was over a season ago so I couldn't have carded them anyway!

Back