A&H

Big game today...

I understand your point, but just put some perspective on this - we're talking about a professionally run, football league academy here, not the dog and duck v the red dragon.

If they are 'self reporting' I think we can trust them...

Either way I've emailed discipline office at CFA and the very nice and helpful fella who works at the club and looks after refs to clarify.

The Referee Store
This is so wrong in every sense of the word,then that's not for me If i can't report it, then i won't ref it.

Just going back to the reporting issue, @mikedn are you saying you would refuse an appointment given to you by your County Academy Director at a Football League academy if they do not submit cautions? You would be a very brave man to say that and as for this
The players would have a field(no pun intended) day knowing they could do and say practically anything and not get sanctioned for it
The players are much more scared of the club than us, do you really think they would go into a game saying and doing what they want? If they did then the club would just turf them out regardless of ability and I know for a fact that this particular club do just that. The player would much prefer a caution than facing the clubs hierarchy.

@mikedn @HertsFinest @RegalRef

it is true they are self reporting, you'll also find the games are attended by a 'premier league' rep who oversees the proceedings, noting down anything ... so if the club doesn't report it (which, they definitely will) the rep will have it noted anyway!

also, you say you would never do a game this way? even if you was offered a salary and match fee over and above premier league officials money? :rolleyes:

Just going back to the reporting issue, @mikedn are you saying you would refuse an appointment given to you by your County Academy Director at a Football League academy if they do not submit cautions? You would be a very brave man to say that and as for this

The players are much more scared of the club than us, do you really think they would go into a game saying and doing what they want? If they did then the club would just turf them out regardless of ability and I know for a fact that this particular club do just that. The player would much prefer a caution than facing the clubs hierarchy.

On that note I emailed the club to 'check they had the correct information to submit it' and they immediately replied with the player name, number, time and offence, so I don't doubt they will do just that.

If they haven't already.

Not for me..... and i know i would never be offered such an appointment and if i knew that if entered into a league ( as such) where this was the norm... then no i would not do it....

Back