A&H

Best Premier League Referee

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyW

Id just like to know peoples thoughts/opinions, Who do you all think is the best current premier league referee and why.

Im going to start with Mark Clattenburg. I feel he has a good raport with players and always seems to be smiling (despite the tabloids reports)

The Referee Store
I totally agree... for me MC is the best. I have the upmost respect for all our senior officals but i think MC takes it for me, his rapport with the players, fitness and positioning is exceptional and he is not shy to take charge when needed. I really do feel for him at the moment and hope he continues

I'm a big fan of Phil Dowd, Martin Atkinson is a steady performer and Mark Halsey has a unique way of managing the game and the players. Michael Oliver looks the best of the young brigade.

I think your both wrong. The ref in my avatar us clearly the best. No wait........Clatts for me hasn't had the best time recently but still a great ref

i just like mike dean because he seems to have a good rapport with the players. i also lke the finger to the mouth bit when he wants a player to stop talking makes me laugh because what can you say to that in reply as a player.

My choices are Mark Clattenburg, Phil Dowd and Mark Halsey, and all for the same reason - unflappability (if there is such a word).

Phil Dowd in particular is so laid back he's practically horizontal!

we are all forgeting mr webb !!! but imo mike dean is by far one of the best ive seen all season why because you never hear about pundits talking about his balls ups coz he dosnt have any lol he is also very fit and quick over the ground and his desision making is spot on

stuart atwell has had a good season as well staying off the radar but he is still in the prem !!!

There are some really top officials in the Select Group right now and it is tough to choose just one. Mike Dean has always impressed me, obviously Webb is top drawer and I like Mark Halsey's style, however for me (and just to be different) in my opinion the top guy right now is Andre Marriner.

For me I think Clatts is a great ref by far the best select group, Micheal Oliver is also young and up and coming and I also think Stu. Attwell should be back in Select as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back