A&H

Best ground / team reffed

MKAhmad

Level 6 Referee
Purely for noisy point of view and that it's an interesting subject (to me at least) what's the best ground or team you have reffed a game involving? I know not all of us are Mark clattenburg but I thought there might be some interesting tales out there

The Referee Store
Purely for noisy point of view and that it's an interesting subject (to me at least) what's the best ground or team you have reffed a game involving? I know not all of us are Mark clattenburg but I thought there might be some interesting tales out there

Best ground - Sixfields Stadium, Home of Northampton Town FC
Best Team - Leicester City U18

Best ground The Emirates, although that wasn't a competitive game. For a competitive game I'd say Loftus Road just pips Vicarage Road.

Best team is probably Luton Town in the year they won the Conference to get back to the Football League.

Best ground The Emirates, although that wasn't a competitive game. For a competitive game I'd say Loftus Road just pips Vicarage Road.

Best team is probably Luton Town in the year they won the Conference to get back to the Football League.
That's pretty high up to referee at! Are you a national listed ref?

That's pretty high up to referee at! Are you a national listed ref?

No, I used to be a level 3 but now back at level 5. So in a way I was national listed (National List of Contributory League Referees). QPR and Watford were under 21 games.

By far and away the best team I have ever refereed is Crewe u10s. I've done some conference youth alliance and npl youth games but nothing has compared to these kids - and at 9 and 10 years old too the level of skill individually and as a team was just exceptional. Made me realise how far I actually was away when I was that young.

Seaview (Crusaders home ground) tight 3g pitch with stands close to edge but great atmosphere especially when you have a top four game.

Best Ground - Victoria Road (Dagenham & Redbridge FC)
Best Team - Arsenal U14's (was in a Premier League Youth Tournament) the skill those young lads have, second to none! (and Ljunberg and Henry were there)

Played at Upton Park too ... great experience

Controversial opinion: I hate academy games. Yes, the players are very skilful and by any measure they're the "best" teams I've reffed/lined to. But the games are soooooo dull - endless passing that goes nowhere, possession, practically silence from the players and nothing from the sidelines.

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazionale_di_calcio_della_Finlandia#/media/File:Stadionit.jpg
I've run the line in the stadium in the bottom half of the picture :)
I've reffed in the stadium in the bottom half of the picture, 1/4 pitch though :(
I've performed on stage in the stadium in the top half of the picture, miming but the kids had no idea ;)

Edit: There are actually three more pitches in shot. I've run the line for a national over age final at the pitch on the right. I've reffed my highest level youth game - and scored a few 10 years ago - on the pitch bottom left. I've played, reffed and lined loads on the pitch on the left - I've also scored an OG and had a few shockers on that carpet!

Back