A&H

Aston Villa v West Ham U21s Mass Confrontation

The Referee Store
I'm not sure there's an awful lot the ref can do when it kicks off like that other than sit back and hope you've got a good view! Players were running in from all angles to get involved, not sure even a quick red would have stopped it from happening.

That's what I was thinking... I was looking at the top of the screen to see when he came to help

I've been told before to keep distance and maintain a view across the pitch when this happens. I was more concerned about the other assistant to be honest as I'd never put myself between players like that - not only because of personal risk but also because you can't see what's going on when you're surrounded like that.

All in all, disgraceful - from the moment the second tackle went in behaviour of the players was abysmal.

(On another note, Cameron must have been so confused at this game..!)

First thing I noticed...why on earth did the ref and his assistant get involved? Stand back and take in as much as possible before dishing out the punishments when it calms down.

Moot point, but...

Villa player red card - For the challenge or the head to head contact in the melee?

I've been told before to keep distance and maintain a view across the pitch when this happens. I was more concerned about the other assistant to be honest as I'd never put myself between players like that - not only because of personal risk but also because you can't see what's going on when you're surrounded like that.

All in all, disgraceful - from the moment the second tackle went in behaviour of the players was abysmal.

(On another note, Cameron must have been so confused at this game..!)

AR1 has to make a difficult decision - are the benches going to get involved? Or can he come in closer? I think he did well in trying to break up the little side-scuffles, that's a good use for the AR. Referee got too caught up in it.
Problem is, it's extremely difficult for that ref and AR to have any idea who has done what.
The far AR, IMO, needs to come into a position where he can clearly and easily see who's doing what. Depending how bad it is, to even separate people verbally - but somebody needs to be watching.
Personally, I can never remember who needs a card after the dust has settled...

What WAS the outcome in terms of cards - can only see red for original offender in that clip.

Were there no other reds/yellows?

ok very easy watching it in a warm house on the computer. for me
1 first foul should have been given
2 waving a red card while in the middle of world war 3 does nothing the player wont just walk
3 the tv pundit, but he won the ball oh boy
4 i still think the farside ar was way too slow, the do have 4th officials

Back