A&H

ARS Benfica DFK goal

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
In the first, Benfica just scored a cracking free kick.

But an attacker ran to the end of the wall just before the kick.

It was obvious on TV, where is VAR, where is the ref?

Oh gawd. Poor.

The Referee Store
Any chance you have a link to a clip? That may (or may not) be how the powers that be want it enforced. As I understand it, the purpose was to eliminate the pushing and shoving at the wall, so this may be something they don't want called. But it gets harder to justify in a VAR world.

There was a little bit of push into the wall but I think it only helped what he was planning to do anyway.

As far as VAR, the attacker in wall had no impact for goal and the (inferred ) guideline is if encroachment had no impact, VAR doesn't get involved.

There was a little bit of push into the wall but I think it only helped what he was planning to do anyway.

As far as VAR, the attacker in wall had no impact for goal and the (inferred ) guideline is if encroachment had no impact, VAR doesn't get involved.
The ball went over the defender next to him. I think the attacker impacted the defender’s ability to jump. He didn’t jump as high as the others. But AFAIK this does not matter.

But also, where in the LotG does it say that a player can be within 1m of a wall under certain circumstances?

As soon as the ball is kicked this is an offence. The ref has missed it. VAR we don’t know - unless you know something not reported on TV?

Max 7,9 for the ref, error in law. For a long part of this game it looked like Arsenal were going out on a dodgy illegal away goal. Thankfully they scored later.

Any chance you have a link to a clip? That may (or may not) be how the powers that be want it enforced. As I understand it, the purpose was to eliminate the pushing and shoving at the wall, so this may be something they don't want called. But it gets harder to justify in a VAR world.
Happened recently in a WSL game and the referee blew immediately the attacker reached the wall and awarded an IDFK.

I did post a thread at the time about it - in "As Seen on TV" I think

Back