A&H

Apple Watch

joe cunningham

hi everyone,
Got an iwatch for Christmas and I'm just wondering if anyone has had any expirence using them in Matches and if there easy enough to use?

The Referee Store
I guess with a stopwatch function it would probably be ok, but do you really want to running about with such an expensive gadget on your arm in case it gets damaged during the game?

I guess with a stopwatch function it would probably be ok, but do you really want to running about with such an expensive gadget on your arm in case it gets damaged during the game?
This would be my concern. I personally wouldnt

Yeh, I get your point. To be honest I hadn't really thought about that

I was out with a ref who wore his during the game, purely for the health statistics (distance covered, heart rate etc.) guess they would be helpful but wow it'd be an expensive job to fix it if for whatever reason it got broken if you got hit by the ball due to poor positioning ;)

I was out with a ref who wore his during the game, purely for the health statistics (distance covered, heart rate etc.) guess they would be helpful but wow it'd be an expensive job to fix it if for whatever reason it got broken if you got hit by the ball due to poor positioning ;)
Eyy, what you saying Sayin about my positioning?? :hmmm::D

I've worn my Apple Watch for a few games now. I use the timer function and the vibration on the wrist is fine and also have a second watch that I use to deal with the stoppages in play. It's not been hit and if you've never been hit whilst doing a game then don't worry about the fact it's a fairly expensive item but so are some heart rate watches that others wear. Also good check on your fitness and distances covered!

I've just bought a new Moto 360 2 sport. There's an app made specifically for referees. I've created a thread about it in Referee Equipment. Take a look.

The company don't make the app for Apple I'm afraid, just android

I've worn my Apple Watch for a few games now. I use the timer function and the vibration on the wrist is fine and also have a second watch that I use to deal with the stoppages in play. It's not been hit and if you've never been hit whilst doing a game then don't worry about the fact it's a fairly expensive item but so are some heart rate watches that others wear. Also good check on your fitness and distances covered!
2 questions. The strap; any concerns about its durability or likelihood of falling off?

GPS: is it accurate without having the iPhone nearby?

2 questions. The strap; any concerns about its durability or likelihood of falling off?

GPS: is it accurate without having the iPhone nearby?
Theres Quite a few different straps, I have the sport band which is quite durable, it's never fell off once yet when I go running.

The gps part I'm not to sure of as when ever I've used it I've had my phone in my pocket so i haven't had a problem.

Back