A&H

Anthony Taylor

The Referee Store
Got to laugh at fat Sam.

Referees should be at the standard at which we play - hello fat sam, I am available for your next match!

is it just me that thing the lino flagged for handball?? against carrol.... it would make sense from his angle to look like it was handball. Pretty sure that when AT and the AR were talking i saw the words handball or something similar. therefore he would be right to overrule him for that (he definitely didnt handle it)... not saying it wasnt a foul just saying that thats why i think he came to the decision he did....

Whilst I appreciate the frustrations of supporters of teams involved, I have to strongly disagree with some of the dialogue in this thread. The use of the words 'disgraceful' among others annoy me. There absolutely has to be some justification from AT to overrule his assistant and none of us outside of the dressing room will probably ever know. I don't feel this is an appropriate platform to be dishing out completely non-constructive criticism (and sometimes borderline abuse) to our colleagues. We should be supporting referees at all levels, not turning on each other without any real justification or evidence.

And this is football at a base level. We referee because we love football. People who love football become passionate about it. Passion is the root of it all.

Everybody is correct. Even Evan who swore and got told off. ;)

Football = passion = love.

It's just me then that thinks even though the GK touched the ball but only just clearly grabbed the players leg - causing him to go down = pen!

It's just me then that thinks even though the GK touched the ball but only just clearly grabbed the players leg - causing him to go down = pen!

I'm 50-50 and support liverpool. It's a yes but no situation.

As a neutral, here's my opinion.

Keeper gets a touch on the ball, the Liverpool player expects contact so starts going down and there is no contact until he is practically on the floor.

So for me no penalty and a caution for simulation

Anyone else think maybe they should broadcast what the referees are saying? Could just be me being silly.

I dont think he is a bad referee. I just think that today he seems to have made two poor decisions.

I think he's quite a good referee - and surely the fact he has been awarded his FIFA badge proves this? He is quite keen on man managing things, and I think he is a good referee.

Surely we can all agree that Howard Webb is an excellent referee? But based on some of his decisions this season we could all disagree with that, and we could with some of his decisions, but he is still an excellent referee.

Simulation? Lol

He is a very good referee. He had a good game bar two decisions. Albeit 2 very important decisions.

Ended the game strong? Yip.

Some might agree or disagree with me here (I'll argue in Law 5 it says in the opinion of the referee;):p), but even after all those slow motion replays on MOTD, I still can't make my mind up! So there would be no chance of me getting it right in live time with one view! I thought he did well, and fair play to him. It's very hard to carry on the game after you know you may have made a wrong decision, which Anthony Taylor must've thought after those two, so well done to him.

"He had a good game bar those two decisions"
So we could say:
"Let that murderer off with a warning, he only stabbed him twice and then called the paramedics"

But that's not the same? We're talking about a football game, not a serial killer. A totally different context.

And, technically not the same. Murder would mean they have purposefully taken life (premeditated), where as Anthony Taylor won't have purposefully or premeditatedly made those decision, and so not correct.

Back