A&H

Another lovely question for you all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@MalB if it's the goalkeeper that's throwing it can only be yellow...

.... Unless the GK has violently thrown an object at someone then it would be red

The Referee Store
Although I don’t have a definitive answer here, IMO non of the send off offences apply and if I did send the goalkeeper off there is a very good chance there would be a replay of the game on appeal.

My approach is to go with a USB caution and IFK. The USB would be the throwing of an object with the intent to hit the ball and not the actual hitting (handling). This would make it more or less in line with the current clause in page 121 where the goalkeeper cannot be guilty of handling related misconduct. The byproduct of this approach is that I would have to caution the goalkeeper even if he missed the ball and a goal was scored as the throwing and the intent still took place.

Reactions: ARF
Sensible comment: is another approach to treat the bottle as an object on the FOP that has interfered with play - therefore stop play, and restart with a dropped ball on the goal area line parallel blah blah? As from re-reading these posts and the LOTG, I'm not sure an offence has been committed.

Stupid comment: I hate the fact the keeper is getting away with one here. Yellow to keeper for USB, and manage his reaction upwards towards dissent so he can have a second yellow. Job done?

Did the GK leave the FOP to fetch the bottle? If so - perhaps there is the opportunity for a second yellow.

I believe the law should be amended to cover this incident - imagine if it happened in the Championship P-O final £120m game and affected the result?!

I must say though that this thread is a fascinating read. In law though it seems a referees hands are tied and that a YC and an attacking IDFK should be awarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back