A&H

annoyed myself yesterday

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
third caution of the game yesterday (DISSENT) , and i was so concerned with making sure the player had calmed himself down and that he'd got everything off his chest that he was so keen to share with me... that i took his name, number and told him what he was being cautioned for, BUT i didnt physically show him the card.
I mentioned it to both the player and captain at the next stop in play just to confirm that the booking stands regardless.
My annoyance stems from the fact that its such a silly thing to forget to do, but i was genuinely concerned that if the player carried on he would have done something he'd regret. i say that as because i experienced a first, earlier in the first half with this guy, he ran over to me and was quite flustered, saying that i hadnt heard what so and so said but it had made him angry and he wanted to do something about it !

The Referee Store
The card is only a visual signal of the caution. It happens to everybody at some point - I had a player storm off after grabbing another player around the throat shouting that I could *expletive* send him off, because he didn't care. Not appropriate to show the card in that situation really.

To cover yourself - perhaps submit it on the standard misconduct form noting this fact?

The card is only a visual signal of the caution. It happens to everybody at some point - I had a player storm off after grabbing another player around the throat shouting that I could *expletive* send him off, because he didn't care. Not appropriate to show the card in that situation really.

To cover yourself - perhaps submit it on the standard misconduct form noting this fact?
thanks @Tealeaf i will do exactly that

I don't see the need to report it myself. If you had forgotten to bring your cards you can still caution/send off players - as can a club referee. The LOTG states 'cautioned AND shown the yellow card', not 'cautioned BY showing the yellow card'. 2 separate parts. No big deal, but I think you did the right thing on the field.

I don't see the need to report it myself. If you had forgotten to bring your cards you can still caution/send off players - as can a club referee. The LOTG states 'cautioned AND shown the yellow card', not 'cautioned BY showing the yellow card'. 2 separate parts. No big deal, but I think you did the right thing on the field.
thanks chaps, i ran it by my RDO in any case and he said its fine as it is, reported via WHOLEGAME so no further action required

Back