A&H

Junior/Youth Advice on reporting a club I wasn't refereeing.

Reffy

Level 7 Referee
Hi all,

I had a 2 o'clock ko today but decided to get out to the pitch early, so I could have a good warm up. As I approached the pitch there was an under 13s game been played on it, which had five minutes left to play. As I got closer I witnessed a coach, of one of the teams, turn round and urinate openly on the grass. Now I admit play was down the other end of the field, but even still, this shouldn't be happening at a kids football game. Can you guys advice me on how to report this? Should I complete a misconduct form or just email county and the league concerned? I have all the details of the team and person involved.

The Referee Store
Personally I wouldn't go down the misconduct route, I'd simply drop the league an email highlighting what you saw and let them deal with it

I'd just send an email to the league, it certainly sounds like the coach needs to be reminded of his responsibilities as both a coach and a role model! What an odd thing to do!:confused:

I agree -- don't send in anything official, just drop them a line as any other spectator would.

Slightly disagree with the guys here, although not entirely.

Agreed that you shouldn't do a misconduct, but I feel you should go directly to the relevant FA (if you know which one it is).

You'd need to speak to the Football Development Officer of that FA (some FA's have a number of them, you want the one in charge of Youth Sunday football)

Back