A&H

Adopting an Aggressive Attitude

William

Watched a game yesterday when a goalkeeper ran out to remonstrate to a neutral assistant. I found out later that he was cautioned for adopting an aggressive attitude toward a match official. My question is, can you be cautioned for AAA against an official? I believe the answer to be NO but cannot find this in law 12. My thoughts are that AAA is player on player only. Apart from that the goalkeeper should have been cautioned for dissent and sin binned.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Referee Store
I don't know if there's anything official but for me, 100% not. AAA has to be against players/club officials, we have dissent and offinabus which provides a more suitable punishment as well

I've heard a few referees say they use USB - AAA to avoid having to give sin bins. It is just plain wrong, if a player remonstrates with a match official and you feel it is worthy of caution it can only be dissent and a sin bin, anything else is a dereliction of duty.

Regularly used cop-out I see from a number of Level 4’s when I’m on the line (I always challenge after the game when I see it)

Surprised there’s never any kick off from opposing players/managers when it happens.

Regularly used cop-out I see from a number of Level 4’s when I’m on the line (I always challenge after the game when I see it)

Surprised there’s never any kick off from opposing players/managers when it happens.
It will come back and bite them in the derriere at some point. Only needs a league official to turn up at a game, or the other club to make a formal complaint and they will be in serious hot water.

As an assistant I have also seen a L4 use this instead of a sin bin, disappointed was an understatement but I didn't see it as my place to protest.

Back