A&H

AC Milan Vs Chelsea

Mooseybaby

Retired big bad baldy in all black!
If the 2nd half is anything like the first, it could end up 9v9!

5 yellow cards and a straight red for ACM's Fikayo Tomori against his former team for trying to pull back Mason Mount in the penalty area.

First half littered with lots of niggly fouls, dissent and freekicks/penalty some of which seemed to take an age to take!

The Referee Store
And it would likely have been a breeze if the trifling contact had been ignored. I bet he'll get 'backed' but I reckon he'll regret giving the pen and red.

Did not see the game but saw a clip of the pen and red card, for me it was so harsh but one where VAR can't really get involved as its a fact there was a hand on the shoulder and he was the last man and if your giving a penelty in that situation then its likely to be DOGSO.

From what I read on the BBC Sport website live text, Siebert had a bit of a messy first half with Sterling and Gabbia apparently should of recieved second yellow cards.

Tomori pulled back at Mount a few times, it might have been "soft" but certainly not wrong.

Also in context, before this happened the referee had been giving every minor bit of contact as a free kick, a complete reversal from what seems to be the guidelines these days, there were 30 free kicks and that is a huge number for a top-level game. Given this he probably had to give the penalty, and once he does that the red is inevitable.

I've said this before about Daniel Siebert, but he seems to struggle when things aren't going well. He was confident giving the penalty, but then dealing with the aftermath of it he looked like a rabbit in headlights, then really struggled for the rest of the half. To his credit, he was much better in the second half and I wonder if his teammates have built him back up in the break.

Back