A&H

A 3 reds hat trick

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos was last night sent off for the 3rd time against the same team (Aberdeen) this season, and for kicking out at the same opponent, Scott McKenna for a 2nd time.
Ok, red card number one was rescinded but fact is, it was still issued.
his 4th red of the season, making him the joint record holder for single season in Europe, along with team mate Ryan Jack (last season) and, another of the games lovable rouges, Senior Ramos.
Depending on how you interpret what you saw, some would say he should have been dismissed at Xmas v Celtic too, either on a straight red, or a double yellow.
Being sent off 3 times v the same team in the same season must be some kind of record at any level.....

The Referee Store
Update, since I posted that, Rangers are appealing the red. So, if it gets overturned, that be two reds overturned in the same fixture, on the same ground, for the same offence (v/c)(kicking an opponent), on the same opponent!

Half of me thinks it should be overturned just so it be a good question in a pub quiz in times to come

Rangers as a whole seem to get a red card almost every other match.

Just seen it and im not 100% sure thats a red card, i think he goes to kick him then actually pulls out of it.

His rolling around for about 15 yards deserves a red though.

Last edited:
Rangers as a whole seem to get a red card almost every other match.

Just seen it and im not 100% sure thats a red card, i think he goes to kick him then actually pulls out of it.

His rolling around for about 15 yards deserves a red though.

If it gets over turned though, I get the feeling the extra police on standby for a no deal Brexit might get a dress rehearsal they were not expecting...

I remember Keith Gillespie was sent off as a sub. He was a man on a mission to smack Steve Hunt without the whistle been blown. There is also a long standing dislike of Colin (Warnock) and Wally Downes!.... skip to 3.16

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47152939

Can their be any further retrospective action for Morales for the play acting in the tackle to try and get the Don sent off (Successfully).
That was pathetic... Ref did well from what I saw!!!

The ref is getting praise from both sets of fans and neutrals tbh, if we are saying at the highest level to ignore the actual LOTG and do what the game needs, then, both go off, not a single person had a problem with this. There was a delay in the 2nd card which folk are saying was due to him checking with the AR, but, I would like to think it was more so they never walked to the tunnel together.

Rangers will know by tomorrow teatime if the appeal on Morelos's red card from last night has been successful or otherwise

Do we agree on anything? No, it certainly would not be, the panel assess the incident for what it is.
They are not sitting in judge of him and his prev record, they are sitting adjudicating on this one incident that has been appealed.

I think the compliance officer in Scotland is a joke if I'm honest, always seems to be trial by media rather than looking at anything on a game to game basis, ie retrospective action taken against 2 other players, one being another rangers player and the other an increased punishment for a hibs player, both incidents highlighted on BBC sports, where as in the Hibs game there was numerous red card offences against Hibs and none were taken by the compliance officer

Back