A&H

2 games tomorrow

richard ramjane

RefChat Addict
ahh i'm not happy with myself... got a good game tomorrow afternoon, and i've agreed to do a game in the morning to cover for someone dropping out last minute. Mental note to oneself... say no in future.
If my concentration starts dipping in the second game i've only got myself to blame!
I'll can the squash tonight and skip (not literally) the saturday morning run

The Referee Store
ahh i'm not happy with myself... got a good game tomorrow afternoon, and i've agreed to do a game in the morning to cover for someone dropping out last minute. Mental note to oneself... say no in future.
If my concentration starts dipping in the second game i've only got myself to blame!
I'll can the squash tonight and skip (not literally) the saturday morning run

Wise move Richard, treat 1st game as a warm up!

I have two as well, and I am skipping the run as well. My first is u14s, done them before and they were a bit gobby, the second is open age and they are nice but the standard of footie can be soul destroying.

I'll do games in the afternoon on a Sunday if people are short, as my priority is to Sunday morning football. It's not fair on the first teams if you're not up to standard, but usually the second teams will be grateful to have a slightly tired ref as opposed to no ref.

second game got called off in the end, so i was glad i took the morning game now!
home team turn up with 8 players, take a 3-0 lead into half time. Another of their players arrives and they end up losing 5-4.
Was a very good natured game (although away team manager went mental at his team for the position they were in at half time) and i felt like i could have easily managed another 90 minutes later on if needed. Still, i'll try to avoid the 2 game scenario in future as i dont really want to short change anyone.

Back