A&H

1st weekend of preseason

TheFoodieReferee

Level 5 Referee
Well, it's finally back!! How did everyone's first weekend back go?

2 games for me, no cards and both games played with a decent intensity.

Glad to be back!

The Referee Store
1 middle yesterday at late notice (day before). Had nar's. Step 7 team Vs a team made up of youngsters from a couple of Saturday afternoon teams (they said they were a new Sunday League team). Away team matched home team to be fair in terms of quality.

2-0 to home, goals on 36 and 39 minutes.

Then away were gifted a goal after a defensive blunder on around 70 mins. Equaliser came in the last minute of the game.

Finished 2-2.

1 yellow for RP for away. One of the most obvious cautions you'll see.

Couple of telling offs (1 each team) for minor DRP (nipping it in the bud and really didn't want to get the cards out if I could help it)

Game played in good spirits, the odd hard tackle.

Handshakes all around at the end.

Looking forward to the next game.

I had two games (both on the line).

The first game was a step 5 team Vs a step 6 team.

1 straight red card for violent conduct. Away team player punches a home team player twice!

Second game was a step 5 team Vs a team who I have no idea about but they weren’t used to NAR’s.
1 yellow for each team.

I had two games (both on the line).

The first game was a step 5 team Vs a step 6 team.

1 straight red card for violent conduct. Away team player punches a home team player twice!

Second game was a step 5 team Vs a team who I have no idea about but they weren’t used to NAR’s.
1 yellow for each team.
Is this where CFAs do not suspend players for red cards "because it's a freindly?"

Is this where CFAs do not suspend players for red cards "because it's a freindly?"
I hope he does get suspended! To be honest, I’ve never had a red card in a friendly before this (and I wasn’t even in the middle!)

Hopefully he gets suspended.

I've my first pre-season friendly lined up for the weekend. Step 7 teams (or at least one is), at a decent 4G pitch. Even has buzzer in my changing room to tell the teams when to head out onto the pitch - though I must admit, I have no clue how long before kick off I would even press it; every game up to now has been a case of the teams are out warming up right up until kick off! I'm told it is being sanctioned (that the right word) with the local FA, so I'll be reporting all cards in the usual way. I am sort of hoping to get the chance to use sin bin - new season resolution is to make use of sin bins!

Hopefully the referee submitted it(?)
Yes. The manager came in afterwards asking us not to put it through. He then went on to ‘remind’ the referee of the mistakes he made against this particular team last season!
Then said that not putting this card through would build rapport with the ref and the club!!

He’s a level 4 and was very good actually! But said he would 100% be putting it through.

Yes. The manager came in afterwards asking us not to put it through. He then went on to ‘remind’ the referee of the mistakes he made against this particular team last season!
Then said that not putting this card through would build rapport with the ref and the club!!

He’s a level 4 and was very good actually! But said he would 100% be putting it through.
And hopefully those comments were also reported. Only one way they'll learn.

Back