A&H

1st assessment form complete

svenny76

RefChat Addict
Got my feedback from my first assessment through last night. Appologies for the format, but it was sent to me in a funny way, and has been typed up using a typewriter, took me long enough to crop the personal details out!

Anyway, really happy with the report, annoyed with myself about the fitness comments, which i cant disagree with, but got a call friday lunch time with the begging bowl asking if i could help out Saturday morning with an U'16 junior premier league game, so thought yeah help out no problems, then i get a late call Friday night from the assessor telling me i had an assessment the following day, doh!!!!! Couldnt really let the other one down, but lesson learnt there!!

another lesson, the assessor picked up on the bad language, i had a word in the players ear, which he obviosly missed, so public warnings from now on!!

Any thoughts guys??

Attachments

• 1st assessment copy.jpg
    1st assessment copy.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 39
  • 1st assessment (2) copy.jpg
    1st assessment (2) copy.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 27
The Referee Store
Those bl@@dy assistant refs, hey, Svenny!

What was the nature and context of the bad language?

did you ask your assessor for feedback at half-time or did he approach you. interested based on my assessors post match comment that, unless i asked him for feedback, he couldn't approach me.

this 'central positioning' vis a vis patrol paths / keeping assistants in view thing always rankles a little when i watch the guys on the t.v., all miked and buzzered up, backs to their assistants just watching play :(

i completly forgot about brieifing the new AR, it dawned on me about 10 minutes later, but by then it was to late. I was literally stuck in the middle of the pitch as it was soooo boggy, and on a slope, nightmare pitch!
The assessor said to me at the begining that if i wanted to chat then i could, but if i didnt then i didnt have to, so it was up to me, but i thought grab the oportunity whilst he was there, and was lucky enought to get a few pointers to work on, which went in my favour.
The language was the usual F'ing to themselves for spooning the ball out on a right angle instead of the 75 yard wander pass that was going through there mind!! it happened twice (very loudly) i let the first one go but then the second one i spoke to him as i ran past him, i used to play with him and just told him to keep it down, which he appologised for and it didnt happen again, just didnt say it loud enough for everyone else to hear i guess.

Back